I’ve been making websites since 2005. I’ve been through all types of coding languages and website builders. I’ve made over 250 websites in my career….and counting.
I’m always in search of the best website platform for small businesses.
What I’m about to write below isn’t a promotion for Wix. Even though they do pay me to send them business, I’m writing this article because I myself made the switch from WordPress to Wix for me and all of my clients. I didn’t do it because they pay me. I did it because it’s literally the easiest website builder on the planet, and I can launch businesses in HOURS using it.
7 Reasons Why Wix is the Easiest Website Builder for Entrepreneurs
Thinking about starting a business?
Or maybe you’re sick of your old website and you’re thinking about a new site?
Undergoing a website build-out can be one of the most FRUSTRATING experiences for an entrepreneur. Regardless of it being your first or 2nd website, you could end up hating the website developer and hating your website.
I believe this happens because we dream way too big for our websites at the beginning. I always coach my entrepreneurs that we first need to put up a 1-page website that is the why, who, what, when, where of your product or service.
Wix is one of the easiest and most popular website builders on the market today, which is why we included it in this guide. However, there are a few key factors that keep it from being our recommended website builder for small business owners.
- Ease of Use: Wix is one of the easiest website builders to use on the market today. The website builder prompts you to choose the type of business website that you want to create, and then it suggests layouts for you to use. To move something, you just click it, drag it, and drop it anywhere on the page. To edit text you simply click on the text box, hit “edit,” and then change the text. If you start getting into adding a bunch of unique apps, then it gets a little more complicated. But, in general, Wix is one the easiest website builders out there to use.
- Hosting and Custom Domain: Wix hosting and custom domain options are great. With Wix, you will also get free hosting for the entirety of the time you have your website. You will get a free custom domain for one year and the renewal rate is $19.95/yr after the first year. You can also connect your custom domain for free with all of the paid plans.
- Number of Quality Layouts: Wix has over 500 layouts. The quality of these are fairly good, and any small business owner should definitely be able to find a layout that suits their business. The layouts make creating a website super easy, since all you need to do is choose one and replace the images and text with things that are related to your business.
- SEO – Wix allows you to edit page meta tags, page names, and much of your basic SEO musts.
- Mobile Friendliness – Wix’s themes are responsive, meaning that they will adjust to fit the screen size of any device. Wix also has a specific mobile editor where you can tweak what your site will look like on a mobile device.
- Ecommerce: Wix’s online store is also well designed. You can integrate with a lot of different payment providers like PayPal, do coupon codes and discounts, calculate taxes, and save shipping profiles, all with no additional transaction fees. Wix’s checkout is protected with an SSL.
- Blogging: Wix allows you to write posts, schedule automatic posts, and connect with social media. What’s cool too is readers can leave Facebook comments at the bottom.