I know I was called to a specific type of work: to prophesy into the lives of entrepreneurs and help uncover, discover and recover their business calling.
By “calling,” I mean a direct, unmistakable command from God to take up the particular task of helping people discern what God has called them to do in business. My job is to bring that to life through logos, websites and key messaging that will express this purpose. My profession is branding and my specific type of work is consulting people find their purpose in life and express that through an inspired brand.
Many in the bible received an individual call from God to an exact job.
- God called Noah to build the ark. God called Moses and Aaron to their tasks.
- He called prophets such as Samuel, Jeremiah and Amos.
- He called Abram and Sarah and a few others to undertake journeys or to relocate.
- He placed people in political leadership including Gideon, Saul and David.
- God chose Bezalel and Oholiab as craftsmen for the tabernacle.
- Jesus called the apostles and some other of his disciples, and the Holy Spirit called Barnabas and Saul to be missionaries.
The word “call” is not always used, but the unmistakable direction of God for a particular person to do a particular job is clear in these cases.
The bible says
The word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah 1:4-5 NIV
The evidence of calling in the bible is why I know there’s something I was born to do.
So how did God guide or lead me to this particular type of work?
God opened my eyes, ears, heart and spirit to be filled with the knowledge of His will. I prayed for wisdom to follow me in my office and in my strategy sessions. Simply put, I walk in obedience to the things that God shows me.